If you think your website is safe from hackers, then that’s a myth. Be it big or small, all websites face the threat of attack by hackers. Hackers use robots to trawl the internet. They begin by looking for login interfaces and figuring out their login information before trying out more advanced hacking methods.
You’ve put in all your efforts on developing your website, so take necessary action to protect it from potential hackers! Here are eight ways to safeguard your website from attack by cyber criminals:
1. The simplest yet most difficult way to keep sites secure is by keeping all the software, platforms and plug-ins updated.
2. Make sure to use strong passwords and change it regularly to keep them double secure. Remember to use a mix of letters and other characters when creating passwords and usernames.
3. Install your system with a web application firewall (WAF) to shield your website from malicious files from the internet. A WAF can be software or hardware based.
4. Hide your admin pages to avoid search engine indexing. You do not want your admin pages to be indexed by search engines, so you should use the robots_txt file to discourage search engines from listing them. If they are not indexed then they are harder for hackers to find.
5. Use SSL Protocol to secure data on transit especially when personal user details are involved. This will prevent the information being read in transit.
6. Regularly back up your data. It is best to have your data stored somewhere so that you can use it when required.
7. Limit file uploads as the process is never absolutely safe from bugs. Use a script when accessing such files to guarantee safety.
To keep your website protected at all times, use these measures to guarantee absolute safety. If you minutely observe these measures, then you will have little to worry about in terms of website security.
You’re just one click away to kick start your dream project Let’s Get in Touch